Monday, January 16, 2012

One Step at a Time

Today was a bit tough. It's funny how going to the ob/gyn is a bit of a bitter sweet experience. I've come to the conclusion that I think they should schedule ob and gyn appointments on different days. Arriving and hearing other women gushing about their sonogram pictures or newborn is almost heartbreaking. Even the magazines are about pregnancy. I almost feel out of place.

Today I had my 21 day progesterone blood test taken at the request of my doctor. I am SO THANKFUL I followed my instincts a few weeks ago and requested my progesterone be measured. That original test being taken when it was could have very well saved any future pregnancies by cueing us into an issue.

As the nurse was taking my blood I sat in the same chair where my pregnancy test was taken and was looking into an open room with a sonogram machine. How greatly I wanted to be in that room instead. The irony of the entire appointment was almost too much to handle. I sat getting blood work wishing more than anything that I could be there instead.

Please Lord. Make those results either normal, easy to fix or give me the strengh to understand.

One step at a time...I'll get there...

No comments:

Post a Comment